Reservation & Cancellation Policy
- A 50% deposit of the total room cost including taxes is required to secure your reservation. Once the booking has been processed, you will receive a Reservation Confirmation email that outlines a summary of your booking. Please review the information carefully and contact us immediately at email@example.com if you have any questions or require any changes. This email will also include important information that we urge you to read to ensure your travel to Tulum is issue free.
- Please review our Cancellation Policy below. Securing your reservation with a credit card means you accept the terms of our Cancellation Policy.
- The remaining balance of your total room cost including taxes is due on check in at the hotel. Mezzanine accepts cash (Mexican Pesos, US Dollars and Euros), and credit card (Visa, Master Card and American Express). Traveler’s checks are no longer accepted at Mezzanine.
Alternatively you may pay your hotel room balance via bank wire transfer prior to your arrival. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to send you bank account details and wire transfer instructions. Payments must be received no less than one week prior to your arrival date. Please ensure you confirm your payment with us via email.
- We require a six-night minimum booking for holiday reservations during the Christmas and New Years holiday period (December 22 – January 5) and a three-night minimum booking during the Easter holiday period and December 15 - December 21.
- Children under the age of 16 years are not permitted to stay at the hotel. Children are permitted in the restaurant.
- Pets are not permitted at Mezzanine.
- We ask that all of our guests purchase Travel Insurance, which is generally inexpensive, but can really save a lot of emotional distress if an unforeseen event occurs. We recommend your travel insurance will cover you for airline flight and accommodation cancellation especially during the hurricane season. We also recommend you are covered for accident, illness, medical evacuation and theft.
- Securing a reservation with your deposit means you accept the terms and conditions of our Cancellation Policy.
- Cancellations made more than 60 days from check-in date will receive a 90% refund of the deposit paid or the option of a credit, which is valid for one year from cancellation date.
- Cancellations made between 60 and 31 days from check-in date will receive a 50% refund of the deposit paid or the option of a credit, which is valid for one year from the cancellation date. Cancellations made between 30 and 15 days from the check-in date will receive a 30% refund of deposit paid. Cancellations made less than 14 days from the check-in date will forfeit the deposit paid.
- All refunds are payable by PayPal and are subject to PayPal fees. We do not issue refunds by bank transfer at this time.
- We do not issue refunds or credits for flight cancellations, due to any circumstances. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against flight cancellations.
- Any changes to your reservation must be received no less than 30 days prior to your original arrival date via email, and changes are subject to availability. If there is no availability, a credit will be issued. There are no refunds or credits issued for reservation changes within 30 days of the arrival date that reduce the number of nights stayed.
- There are no refunds or credits issued for early checkouts.
- There are no refunds or credits issued due to bad weather, tropical storms or hurricanes; including any inconvenience or complication caused by a hurricane’s direct hit, near miss, or significant threat of a hurricane strike. Hurricanes are unpredictable by nature. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against these types of unforeseen events.
- Mezzanine is not liable for any other costs, evacuation or inconveniences caused by a tropical storm or hurricane.
- All credits issued are valid for one year from the original cancellation date. A credit can only be used for hotel reservations (not hotel services) and can be transferred to our sister hotels, El Pez at Turtle Cove and La Zebra. A credit can be transferred to another person provided we have written authorization from you.
- Mezzanine and its employees shall not liable for any damages caused mentally or physically as a result of, or in connection with:
- Any delays or cancellations. In the event of a traveler becoming ill during a vacation, or having to cut their vacation short, all hospital and medical expenses are the traveler's responsibility.
- Monetary crises, social unrest, political or labor problems, economic changes, electrical outages due to weather, mechanical maintenance or construction difficulties, for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever resulting from events beyond our or a supplier's reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of Nature (hurricanes, mudslides, earthquakes), flight cancellations or changes, strikes, labor disputes, lockouts, threats or acts of terrorism, acts of war or declared war, hurricanes or weather conditions, diseases or epidemics/pandemics, novel or unexpected conditions and local laws.
- Absence of travel documents, visas, passports, health certificates where required. Mezzanine is not responsible for advisement of travel and entry requirements.
- Loss of items that are not secured in the hotel safe, or for losses incurred when rooms are not locked.